- 400g peas
- 1 medium sized carrot, medium dice
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- 1 liter chicken stock
- salt, pepper
- Put all ingredients in a pot without the seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the carrots are fully cooked – about 15-20 minutes.
- Blend into a smooth puree
- Bring back to a boil and season to taste.
If you don’t have chicken stock, use water and the appropriate amount of stock cubes or soup powder. I usually use frozen peas, if you decide to use dried peas, use about 300g and soak them for about 20 minutes prior to cooking – make sure to discard the water you soaked them in. If you’re using fresh or frozen peas and want a brighter green only put half the peas in at the start, put the rest in immediately prior to using the blender. If you’re using a regular blender and not a blender stick hold back about 1/3 of the water when blending – then add it back in to get the consistency you like. Serve it with croutons, grated parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon.